Aren't they cute.
Here's how we made them.
- Cut the foot off of a new crew sock.
- Turn the sock inside out and use a rubber band to tightly close up one end of the tube.
- Turn the sock right side out
- Fill sock with rice. (It is helpful to have a wide-mouth funnel for this step.) Don't go crazy here. These are cutest when made smaller. These are about 4 inches tall.
- Use a rubber band to tightly seal the top of the tube.
- Use one more rubber band around the middle of the snowman
- Use push pins to create eyes and nose. Map pins would have been better, but I couldn't find any, so I just used colored pins.
- Use scrap material to make a scarf
- Use buttons, hearts or jewels for tummy decoration.
- Cut off the toe of the sock and make a little hat