First thing I did was paint my rusty, chipped mailbox. To be honest, I really should have just replaced the mailbox, but I would have had to figure out how to drill holes into my brick. Seemed easier to just paint the old one....event though it's all rough and chipped underneath. I did do some sanding, but I didn't have the right kind of sandpaper. Finally, I just painted it as is. From a distance, I'm completely fine with it.
(Please don't click on the picture. It only blows it up and shows all the flaws.)
Next on the project list was painting a wood rocking chair that's been sitting on my front deck for several years. I oil and clean it every year, but it was just too dingy to freshen up anymore. Out came the white paint and here are the before and after shots.
I am very happy with how the chair turned out. Once I get all my flowers done on my deck, I'll show you the whole effect.
The final project was to dress up the clay pots that I'm using as centerpieces at Mikey's graduation party. I just did a little change, but I think it really gives them a more finished look.
I have since planted each pot with different herb or group of herbs. Decided against doing flowers for Mikey's party. I thought all the green herbs would be more manly. (Ha!)