I have been a very bad blogger as of late and I am so sad about it. I can't fully explain my absence, but it seems to be related to me not being in a "happy place". I blog best when my life is on an easy roll. When I have time to create, cook....relax. Things haven't been that way for the last few months.
1. I started a new job in January. I am now a Realtor. This is such a significant change from my previous career. There are just no words. And the amount of daily learning going on is overwhelming. Consequently, I have good days and bad days. There has been tears, sleepless nights and my confidence has taken a hit.
There have also been moments of "Ahhh, now I get it" and I have had some fun. There is a team of other "newbies" at the office and getting to know and work with them has been great. I've also gotten to meet new people and I always like that.
I've got a couple deals in the works for June and hopefully all goes well and I can build up some confidence again. I think that is what has taken the biggest hit (oh...and my bank account is a little shaken as well.)
2. We are in the process of getting my house ready to sell. We've installed new granite countertops, sinks, faucets, door handles and carpet. The interior and exterior of the house has been painted. Basically, it's going to look great, but the process has completely disrupted daily life.
3. With the above process, we have packed up a lot of our stuff and moved it out to the farm. Some stuff was great to pack away, but other stuff wasn't supposed to get moved yet. My shoes must be there. I have about 5 pair of shoes, two of which are sneakers. It is hard to dress every day knowing everything has to go with black flats, black heals or black flip flops.
4. All my crafting stuff has been packed up and moved. So no carding to help relieve the daily frustrations. Making a card always lifts my spirits and I feel a little lost.
5. Then there is just the daily stess...stress and more stress.
I think that about says it.
I am working to break through and get back to my happy place.
Thanks for listening.
I was wondering about you! I was hoping you were just busy!!! But, here are a whole bunch of virtual hugs,ReplyDelete
I was wondering, too...good luck with your new career - that's always a hard one!ReplyDelete
that's a LOT of changes all at one time. Take it easy on yourself! I've been away from blogging too, but now that I'm trying to get back on track, I remember how much I enjoyed it. Congrats on the new job! Definitely some learning curve with a whole new career. My husband was out of work for quite some time. Being out of a routine kind of gets you too. He's also doing something radically different and after about 4 weeks, we're all finally reaching some level of normal.ReplyDelete