Well, I've been AWOL from blogging all week. Mostly because I've been taking care of Ryan and Austin during the day and then busy every evening. Cait and I are working on Luke's Birth Announcements and I'm also working on Mikey's graduation announcements...which I should have already mailed out. Bascially, I'm exhausted, out of control and way behind on EVERYTHING.
Here's what I learned this week.
1. Childcare is best provided by those much younger than me. Lugging Austin up a few stairs and needing a rest to catch my breath was only one of the many signs of this fact of nature. Granted I got lots of love and hugs and memories, but I need a vacation to recover from my week off.
2. Mikey's Open House will just have to be what it will be. So far...all I've got is a tent. No tables, chairs or food ordered yet and it's less then a month away. Hopefully, I can pull it all together next week. Keep your fingers crossed, but I've got to stop stressing about it.
3. I need to get more sleep!
4. I am actually looking forward to going back to work and to my normal life. I function better when I go to the office and get into "work" mode.
5. Krissy and Jay both have laptops that they take to work with them so there is no computer in their house. I really missed popping on the computer whenever I wanted.
7. If I never see Mario Brothers cartoons again...I will be one happy person.
8. Austin occasionally can go pee in the potty chair, which is pretty impressive for a 2 year old boy, but he has to do it completely naked. That includes his socks!
9. Ryan is very good at Candy Land, Trouble and HiHo Cherrio. Although he's not ready to loose yet. He almost lost it when he had to dump the bucket. (Oh...Ryan, that was a wrong spin...spin again!)
10. I eat more when I'm not at work, so I'm going to have to come up with a plan before retirement. Is there a Retirement 20, just like there's the Freshman 20? Just wondering.
Have a great weekend!
I'm way behind on visiting your blog. Well, I was here a couple of times but didn't have time to leave comments.ReplyDelete
Phillip still likes to play Candy Land and he's 8. Maybe that's because it's one of the only games his grandma knows how to play.
Ryan and Austin kept you busy, but I can tell that you loved every minute with those sweet boys.
When I read, "I really missed popping on the computer."....at first I thought it said "pooping" on the computer. Guess it was the potty chair conversation that confused me.
I've missed you.
I'm exhausted just reading all that you did!ReplyDelete
sounds like you've been busy busy busy!! (but I bet it's been fun too!) :)ReplyDelete