We have a few magazines that we love to read...or at least look at the pictures. Here they are and why:
1. The Week - Subtitled "All you need to know about everything that matters" is the best possible description for this magazine. Mom turned us on to this magazine. It does a remarkable job of digesting all the news in the US and the world and then feeds it back in short capsules. A must for anyone who wants to turn over a new leaf and start becoming more informed about current events. It also does a great job giving both sides to the big stories to help you make up your own mind.
2. People - The antithesis of The Week. I don't need to explain this one. I'm not sure anyone reads the articles, it's all about the pictures.
3. Cooks Illustrated - This isn't like any other magazine. There are no glitzy advertisements here. This is just all about cooking presented in a whole new way. It's published 6 times a year and it's full recipes, how tos and information you won't find anywhere else. Many of the Cook's recipes have become family mainstays.
4. Real Simple - This is a very thick magazine filled with so much information, it's almost overwhelming. The goal is to pick up at least one simplifying technique out of each issue to help make life just a little easier. It might be finding a new use for empty paper towel roll or how to re-organize your closet. There is also a section where readers submit answers to a monthly question that is always enlightening.
5. Smithsonian - If you are a history or nature junkie, this magazine is perfect. Keep up to date on happenings at the Smithsonian as well as beautiful photography and an article or two on our founding fathers. Just love it.
6. Oprah - I always learn something when I read an issue of Oprah. I think I found my next hair style in the last issue I read.
7. Reader's Digest - Got a gift subscription one year and found it perfect little read. Stinky (my youngest) likes it for the bathroom reading. (Ironic, eh!) Just being honest.
We'd love to hear about your favorite magazines if they aren't on our list.
I don't know The Week or Cooks Illustrated. May check them out. I'm a fan of Real Simple. And how can you not love Reader's Digest.ReplyDelete
Hi Linda Lou. love the blog... we LOVE "The Week" ... have been reading it for about three years.ReplyDelete