I do need to point out that I am excluding musicals from this list. That genre deserves it's own list and this time the girls opinions will be included, as we love us some musicals.
So, here's my classic favs:
- Casablanca - Do I even need to explain this? Bogie and Bergman in a love story the defies comparison. Also amazing, as the script was being written day by day during filming. Which only helped create the "will she stay or will she go" tension in the final scenes.
- Now, Voyager - Bette Davis in an ugly duckling to swan story (once she escapes the claws of her tyrannical mother). The cigarette scene with Paul Henried was sizzling hot for the time.
- The Searchers - John Ford, John Wayne and the West as it should be shot.
- Gone with the Wind - A saga for the ages.
- Laura - My introduction to "film noir". Darkly shot, sinister and the stunningly beautiful Gene Tierney.
- The Maltese Falcon - Bogie in his greatest detective role.
- Roman Holiday - Gregory Peck at his most gorgeous.
- The Adventures of Robin Hood - Errol ain't that bad either.
- In Harms Way - Great war movie with a heart. Plus it's the Duke again.
- To Have and Have Not - Bogie and Bacall falling in love...for real. Just the best.
Post a Comment